Monday, August 25, 2008

LB's post

The Israelites fathers were circumcised, but after they died no one was. So they were circumcised.

"Now Jericho was tightly shut up because of the Israelites.
No one went out and no one came in. Then the Lord said to Joshua,
'See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands along with it's king
and it's fighting men.'"
I love how God just melted the peoples of hearts of Jericho for them. God shows favor to his people. I wish I could be like Joshua.
But one day, 2 or 3,000 went up to Ai (how do you pronounce that?) to destroy it and got defeated. Joshua fell on his face and put dust on his head and asked God how and why that happened.
"Israel has sinned"
That was the answer.So God told Joshua who it was and Joshua had him confess it. So that day Achan was stoned along with all his possessions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pronounced like the two letters. A and I. Ay-eye:P

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks!