Monday, August 25, 2008

Isaiah 26:3-4

"You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal."
This verse made me think about perfect peace. What is it? When I think of it, I think of being in those bad times - one of those weeks, one of those years - and not falling apart all the time. Mostly I just freak out when bad things happen (not perfect peace). Sometimes I just don't worry about it even a little and just trust God with it (perfect peace probably). Sometimes I do both - freak out AND trust God with the outcome - and what is that? One time in particular I more shaken up about something than I'd ever been shaken up in my life. And I knew that the outcome of this problem was up to God, but I was still scared about what would happen. Is it alright to be scared about things if we're still trusting in God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See LB's post...Do you think Joshua was scared when he we defeated in Ai? Why did he throw dust on his head if it's all good..and we have perfect peace. Do you remember what the wise dad said in Love Comes Softly when the future wife asked about all the bad things...For those that MIGHT read and hasn't seen the movie, I'll leave it to Meg to just know.

Anonymous said...

Wow...typos!! Do you think Joshua was scared when he *WAS* defeated in Ai?