Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Joshua 11-15

Whelp! It's Tuesday - which means Joshua day!!!! The Israelites are cleaning house, so they can go to the land that God promised them. Jabin, king of Hazor even showed up one day with an army as numerous as the sand on the seashore. But God told Joshua that He would hand them over to the Israelites. Sure enough, the Israelites surprised them and drove them out and no survivors were left!!! It's amazing how God can do things like that (BTW, does anyone know what it means to hamstring a horse?). In all they defeated 31 countries along with 31 kings. Whoa.
I know we all know Caleb. Good guy, and he's still alive through all this to see the Promised Land, just like God told him. One day he came to Joshua and reminded him of God's promise to them when they stood up for God after spying out the land. "Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day." Joshua agreed, and Caleb, after years of wandering around and getting old with nothing but a promise to go off of, was finally settled in his land. The Israelites started to divide land, and this whole process reminds me a lot of moving in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a rhetorical question? Just in case it isn't, it's where you cut the tendon on the back of the leg of the horse so it can't walk.

Anonymous said...

No it wasn't a rhetorical question:P So... does it just... lay there until it dies? Or does it hop.