Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Make A Joyful Noise ~ Even Now by Foolish Things

Trouble came
Broke your door
Crushed your name
Robbed you poor
You feel He’s gone
Or fast asleep
All’s gone wrong
You’re in too deep

He hasn’t left you out to dry
Even Now
You haven’t left His watching eye
Even Now
So children sing it when you don’t see how
My Father’s worthy of my hope
Even now

The feeling’s gone
You’re wondering
If you heard Him wrong
If he’s listening
The same old fear
The same old haze
Is God not here?
Is His hand raised?

Could this be part of any good plan?
Seems to be you’ve fallen out of His hand
When you’re broken, don’t know how to mend
Even Now
When your tunnel’s still dark at the end
Even Now
His children don’t know why but trust their Father’s at their side
So hold His hand - hold up your hope
Even now


Do these lyrics ring a bell with you? Have you ever felt that you've been left out to dry or that You heard his promises wrong?
We recently were expecting another family member. Everyone was excited, thinking about baby names, and guessing whether it would be a boy or a girl - or twins! But our rejoicing time only lasted weeks, instead of years. We had lost the baby.
I was shocked. Why on earth had this happened? Could this be part of any good plan? I turned on the music in my room, and this song by Foolish Things really hit home to me. It helped me remember that God hadn't left us out to dry and he wasn't asleep.
And guess what? Now, my mom is expecting again.

"So children sing it when you don't see how - my Father's worthy of my hope... Even now."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Did you make up that poem? If you did, that was really good!

Anonymous said...

Uh, did you read the whole post? It's by Foolish Things!