Thursday, November 13, 2008

Faithful With Little

"If you have raced with men on foot
and they have worn you out,
how can you compete with horses?
If you stumble in safe country,
how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?"
~ Jeremiah 12:5


I never remembered reading this verse before. It reminded me a lot of that verse in the parable that Jesus told in Matthew that goes, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things."
I don't know if yall have done this, but I certainly have. Sometimes we as Christians want to do things like go overseas, start a ministry, or otherwise be used by God - but we never remember to do the dishes after lunch. My friend Cherry not recently enough for me to actually find the post about feeling like God was not using her at all. Her mom reminded her that you can't be all caught up in doing great things for God, unless you're faithful with the little everyday things that he gives you to do.

No comments: