Monday, November 10, 2008

Feminine Fancy

Have you been clothes shopping lately? It is getting colder, and I went to the store a few weeks ago for some new threads. I found some cute jeans and shirts that I went to try on - and boy was I surprised! The jeans fit very well around my waist, but they were VERY tight on the rest of me! I gave a huff and put them back. The tops were next - they were long enough... but way too tight! I was thinking, "Ok, this is alright, all I need to do is pick a bigger size." But when I did, the jeans were too sloppy-looking and the shirts were too baggy! What to do! I looked up and said out loud in the dressing room: "Are there NO cute clothes for modest girls anymore?"

Does this ring a bell with you? Are you too feeling overwhelmed because all the stuff that's in style is just not for a modest girl? What on earth can WE wear?

Well, for your information, I did not get the tight "stylish" clothes. Nor did I settle for the ugly and baggy clothes. The simple fact is... WE DO NOT HAVE TO! Some people think that dressing modestly is wearing fat or grandma clothes and being deprived of nice clothing your whole life. Trust me, it is NOT that way!!!
As girls, we like to be beautiful. We just do. Even if you don't like clothes shopping and all that, there is still something inside you that wants to look nice. I'm sure you have read the "Modesty Mode" article of this magazine, and just because we are not dressing to flaunt ourselves, doesn't mean we have to dress unappealingly! Allow me to give you some tips and some fool-proof cute clothes ideas:

Cute Buys:

Skirts - long ones. You can get them in all styles and colors. Try the spring variation on first and make sure that they are not too short. You can say, "Oh, well I don't really like skirts." But the long, flooshy, soft kind are in style and VERY comfy!

Old Navy Jeans - As of right now, there are three different styles and lengths that they have on the market. The kind that are high-waisted are called "The Sweetheart" jeans. You can get them in three different colors, boot-cut, straight-leg, extra-long, slim, and basically mix and match them to fit your personal taste and style! Oh, and did I mention that they are modest?:P

Cap-sleeved tees - If you're wishing you could wear a nice, cool tank-top in the summer, these little things are the shirts for you! The sleeves are short and just cover the shoulder - very cute! Mind, you DO have to try them on to make sure that they are not too tight, short, etc. But these are the cutest tops on the market, and you can get them anywhere!

Whoops! This Won't Work! What to Do:

Low-necked shirts - Can't pass up that V-neck knit that's on sale? Maybe you got one for free, or can't find anything else in that perfect color to match the skirt you got for Christmas. Let me introduce you to your new best friend - the tank top!!! Get yourself whatever kind or color you like, as long as the neck is high enough for you. You can wear them under a V-neck shirt and make yourself a whole new style! I love them so much I wear them under everything! This also works for tops that are too short, but just too cute otherwise! They stick out under and look very modest and pretty! In fact, even the clothes marketing people are noticing this is cute - now they are selling clothes with tanks, or making the clothes to look like there's a tank under it! Whoo-hoo for the modest girls!

Swimsuits - Yup. You want one that is cute, but you DO NOT want the kind they're wearing! Last year I found the solution. You know those summer warm-up shorts that are way too short that you see women jogging in? Pair those with capri-leggings. The leggings hide all that extra leg, and the warm-up shorts don't hug your rear end! As for the top, you can get a swim-bra or maybe if you're lucky, the tank that came with the shorts has one built in. But if your fortune is not to be so good, say this out loud: UNDERARMOUR!!!! You can get them sleeveless, tank-style, or even long-sleeved if you so choose!!! Don't worry girls - come Summer, you can swim like everyone else - except with a clear conscience!


I hope these tips and tricks helped you, or gave you a good idea on how to be beautiful while serving God! Stay modest ladies! It's worth it, and you're not missing out on anything!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like it.....




I love it!!! lol Hehehe, had you worried for a minute, didn't I?? =P My art teacher does that all the time to me....

ANYhow, wondermous post!!! ONLY thing is...I don't like the UNDERARMOR site. Soooooo...idk. You could either cut that sentence out OR there is a site that sells really cute swimsuits (www.swimmodest.com, I have one of theirs and I like it because it's more fitting like a "normal" swimsuit (aka it's not baggy)) and you could add that in place of it. If you don't like that site, I can give you other modest swimsuit sites...Lands' End has some modest swim stuff, for years I always got my swimsuits from there. Dugger's get theirs from www.wholesomewear.com and I have lots of friends who also get their swimsuits from that place. I almost got a suit from their before I finally settled on SwimModest. There's more sites, I just can't think of them all right now. =P Brain's fried...

Love you munches!!!
Toria

Anonymous said...

Heehee:P

Sure I can take that link out! You can get those at Wal-Mart anyway. I'd have put some of those sites, but they're quite expensive and I was wanting to gear toward the go-to-Walmart-and-pay-$3 deal, cuz that's just me:P But certainly add those links to it if you wanna!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, that's fine, you don't haveta add 'em if you don't want to...I know, I hate paying full price for things but as my mom always says "I don't care HOW much we haveta pay as long as we get a decent swimsuit!" lol

Oh, and didcha fill out the interview yet?? I was just piling what articles I have for UC and I still need the interview...

Love you munches!!
Toria

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... I did fill it out, but then our e-mail messed up and I had to paste it onto something else for later>:\ But I can send it now!