Friday, February 19, 2010

One of those things that I would love to hear an insight about...

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" ~ Jude 1:9

WHAT is going on here? What about the body of Moses? Why did the devil or the angel care? And especially how did Jude know about this? I would love it if there was some record of the fights that go on in the eternity realm...but what went on here?

Twas a nice, ripstickingful day what was warm today! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Wild passage. You guys just missed me preaching on it. I preached through Jude (and the other "small" books) this summer, right after you left, I think.

I only have a minute right now, so I'm going to email you one of my Bible commentary info on this passage.

The shorthand answer is that Jude is referring to some extrabiblical writings well known in that day. We only have bits and pieces of these writings, but we do have some of what was written about this in passage. Jude was using what was said about Michael as an example of how these bad guys should have acted (or not acted).

I'll find a quick commentary passage that I hope will clear it up.

Keep asking those questions.

Les