Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pretty Psalms

Today I read in Psalms! It was especially beautimous this time, and a lot of the passages got me hooked like when you're reading a scary novel. I found the BETTER IS ONE DAY song...


"How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God...
Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere."
~Psalm 84:1-2,10


Also here are the pretty passage that hooked me (with my notes in red)...

"Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. (This part made me think of the journey in Pilgrim's Progress, which is so much like what Christians do today. I should read that again...)
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. (Wherever we go the bluebirds sing, and the flowers bloom and the grass gets green... We brought the welcome mat - wherever we go, that's where the party's at:P)
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion." (Strength to strength - think about what that means. It may seem like we find new weaknesses in ourselves all the time, but God helps us with them and makes us stronger! We go from strength to strength! God's followers do not stay in weakness!)

"I will listen to what God the LORD will say;
he promises peace to his people, his saints—
but let them not return to folly."

No turning back! Don't return to folly!


And since we're on a roll with lovely truth, here's the bridge to the song I'm listening to right now...

Let the light escape from this hole inside my soul
When I start to break then grace begins to flow
Let the light escape from this lonely place inside my soul

No comments: