Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do I know 365 people?

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."


A righteous girl's prayer I assume is the same:) I don't remember to pray for others nearly as often as I should. But I want to remember people in general prayer, and of course I want other people to remember to randomly pray for me! So here is my solutionful idea: I'm going to get one of those little pocket calendars (or whatever they're called) and write the names of people I know on each day of the month every month. I want to do someone different every day, but probably each family member will have a monthly pray-day. And I'll probably have a "look up a random name in the phonebook" pray-day, and I'll leave a few days blank to fill in with people I have just met. That will probably, as a side note, help me remember names and faces of people I meet. And you know, praying for people you don't know/don't know very well really helps take the focus off ME, ME, ME. Like try praying for one of those bikers that you drive by for half a second. Mom says she always prays for people with crummy cars:P
So, what do you think? I'm looking forward to it! I think it's going to be a lot of fun. But since I don't have one yet, I'm going to go look up a random name in the phonebook. Just a minute... ok, the name is John Grinstead. So today, let us say a quick prayer that John Grinstead will have a great day and that God will help him with whatever problem he may have at this time. After all... God knows John Grinstead, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way awesomeness!! I'm reading "A Young Woman's Call to Prayer" by Elizabeth George...it's really great, you may want to check it out! I have a little book I use to write down the prayer requests people say at fellowship, or different people I need to pray for...and then a weekly plan for praying every day...but that calendar idea rocks!! I should do that....

Love you, keep praying girl!
Toria