Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yesterday - publications and plots

Yesterday I asked God to give me a plot for a short story contest. He did. The most amazing one in a long time. I called my writer girlfriend right away, and together we outlined it all out to near perfection. I am still very excited, and still praying that I can write this thing just how God wants it. It feels great that God told me to write something He wants written out of all the writers out there, and I just know that there is something special about this story.


But it's not all peaches and cream. I examined the contest further, and the prize not the best - they give you a bunch of school books from their store and publish your story in their e-newsletter. Doesn't bug me usually, but it's the publishing part that makes me iffy about entering. Usually contests want previously UNpublished stories for their contests, and I'm not sure I want to waste this story's publication on a homeschool newsletter when a scholarship is not involved.


I could use some prayer on this one - I want God's story to end up in the best place, whether it's a homeschool magazine or Newsweek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray!