Wednesday, February 4, 2009

If you know what happened

"If a person sins because he does not speak up when he hears a public charge to testify regarding something he has seen of learned about, he will be held responsible."


Today I was reading in Leviticus where it talks about all the sacrifices and stuff. This verse made me look twice. I thought about some possible scenarios for this. There was a scene in TALE OF TWO CITIES that I watched with my friend where there was a nice guy charged for... some complicated crime. The girl witness was friends with this guy, and had seen him do something bad, but she didn't want to say so. I also thought about the opposite - like if something was your fault, but you let somebody else get in trouble for it. And my final thought was the referees in Superbowl XLIII - seeing something, then flat-out lying about it.


All of these things make you guily of sin! Sounds like if you know something important but keep silent about it, it's the same thing as lying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can also be coming to the rescue and defending someone...