Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Gift of Prayer

Last night we had some friends over and Dad was flipping through a book and it mentioned something about the "gift of prayer". Have you ever heard someone pray aloud just magnificently? I really appreciate it, since I'm praying those beautimous words as well that I could've never thought of. I never really thought about prayer being a gift, but I know when I pray aloud it's just not the same as other people. I don't have the gift! When I pray in my head, I don't use many words. I start out that way, but when I can't think of the word I just use the idea, since God knows what I mean. And sometimes I use phrases like, "Well, gosh!" or "kinda weird" and that's fine for me, but when you're leading other people in prayer it doesn't work as well, ya know?:) So I don't have the gift, but I appreciate it in other people!


So have you ever thought about prayer as a gift? Now that you have? Do you have it? I just thought that this was an interesting thought... who'd have thunk?

No comments: