Monday, January 5, 2009

Walk Forward

I was listening to the radio this morning, and someone called in and told a story about himself and his 4 year old son that I thought was pretty neat. He said that he was out cutting wood in the woods outside their house, and his son came to the door. The son didn't like to go into the creepy woods where everything scratched at him, so he started yelling. "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are yoooooooooooooooou?????? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!"
The dad called back. "I'm right over here!"
"I can't see you!!!!!!"
"Well just come over here - I can see you and I won't let anything get you."
"But I don't know where you are!"
"That's ok, just walk this way if you want me. I see you from here."
So the son walked forward and saw the dad and they hung out cutting wood and having a good time.


How often is that like our relationship with God? We yell, "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! Where are yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou????? I can't see yooooooooooooou!!!!!!!!" But He can see us! We don't have to see him right away - just follow his direction and walk forward!


"One thing God has spoken,
two things I have heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O LORD, are loving."

No comments: