Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Job

Well, according to my Bible reading plan, I was supposed to read in Jeremiah. I don't really care for Jeremiah, for some reason it's a tough read for me. But today I was reading and lots of things were underlined with notes and cool stuff I forgot about! "Whoa! Who knew this stuff was in Jeremiah?" BUT guess what? It wasn't in Jeremiah. I read in Isaiah. For some reason I didn't noticed the little word ISAIAH at the top of each page until the end... not good for the confidence!:P BUT who cares, I found another neat passage anyway!!! It talks about our job.


"This is what God the LORD says—
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness."


When you hear of the cool things the police do, and the army search and rescue stuff, you think, "Whoa, cool!!!!!!!!! Those people are so neat!" Tough, fearless, skilled, and ready!!! Don't mean to bust this in on ya folks, but guess what? That's what God calls us to do for souls! We hare supposed to free captives from prison and show them the narrow way out of the cell!
Are we AWOL? Are we stepping out to do what God has called us to do?

No comments: