Monday, January 19, 2009

"Let's make some humans!"

I was listening to a comedy podcast this morning, and they played a clip from a black artist from the 80s who said thus (and I use a little black lingo):


"You know, I just imagine the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in heaven at the beginning of time ya know? They just hangin out, and they say, "Well, what ya'll wanna do?"

And they say, "Well - let's make some humans!"

And the Father and the Spirit look at each other and they look at Jesus and say, "Now, man, you know if we make some humans what's gonna happen? You gonna have to go to earth, take on one of them funny-lookin bodies, people are gonna spit on you, curse you, call you all kinda names, and eventually nail you to da cross."

And he said, "Father, that's alright! Because as I look down through time I can see people on planet earth, enjoying abundant life! As I look further, I can see people - men, women, boys and girls, at the end of the age from every nation, from every tribe, from every tongue, coming up from the face of the earth! I can see 'em Father, with their arms raised standing all around our throne sayin, "Blessed be the lamb that was slain for the whole world!' I can see em Father, standing there, with their new bodies, bodies that will never suffer pain or die again. It's worth it! Let's make some humans!"

No comments: