Sunday, January 4, 2009

Standing around doing nothing

Well, I know I often say I love my church and that that's old news, but guess what? My church EVEN has a great back-up pastor when ours is out! Dr. Bentley spoke today about growing. How do we grow? Growing is working hard at things, studying in order to know things, exercising our body to stay healthy, etc. But he told us that most people stop growing at the age of 40! It may be because they don't NEED to grow more to get the job done, or that they have more fun things to do, yadayadayada. As kids we have to learn or not get to wear the dorky blue hat(:P), but you don't have to be 40 for this to fit: are we growing spiritually? Are we studying and listening to God and others who know more than us? Or are we standing around doing nothing in our faith. There are times when I say something like, "Oh, well. I'll read more Bible tomorrow" or "it's just Sunday morning church... lah-dee-dah". Dr. Bentley said that when you stand around, content with where you are, you are ineffective. It's like a dull knife. I don't want to be ineffective - I wanna be sharp!
Join me in staying on top of life - growing in wisdom and stature (maybe:P) and in favor with God and man!

No comments: