Monday, October 27, 2008

Why Should God Listen To Me?

Lately I've been thinking about what I do for God - it ain't a lot. I've been thinking, "Why should God ever do anything for me? What have I done? Why should he listen to my prayers? Sometimes I don't even see what he wants for me!"

Then I read these two chapters of Psalms. I will write here the highlights, if you will.


"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find refuge in the shadow of your wings."


"Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart."


"But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace."


"for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the LORD upholds the righteous."


"The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
seeking their very lives;
but the LORD will not leave them in their power
or let them be condemned when brought to trial.
Wait for the LORD
and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it."
That first "Third Day" verse really jumped out. His love reaches to the heavens - even when we don't see it, or realize it, or when we sometimes don't even care.

No comments: