Monday, October 6, 2008

1 Corinthians 3-4

"Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the LORD comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." ~ 1 Cor 4:5

I found this verse a while back and I've loved it ever since. I wrote an article about this subject before I ever found the verse, and have been working on not judging anybody about anything since. Whenever I am tempted to, I try to shove it out of my mind. I was surprised how I felt NOT judging people - it is freeing!!! I didn't have to worry about looking down on folks! I can just enjoy and have a good time with everybody!

And notice that last part - it says, "each will receive his praise from God." I expected, "and each will be judged by God and told what they did wrong" I guess. God is ready to praise us!

"One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." ~ Romans 14:2-4

No comments: