Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Isaiah 40-44

What kind of book is Isaiah? It's full of prophecies and judgements, and that's what it's mostly associated with. But in these four chapters, there were a lot of passages about God's love for his people. Here are a few:
" 'For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.
Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob,
O little Israel,
for I myself will help you,' declares the LORD,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
'See, I will make you into a threshing sledge,
new and sharp, with many teeth.
You will thresh the mountains and crush them,
and reduce the hills to chaff.' "
"Comfort, comfort my people,
says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the LORD's hand
double for all her sins."
"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
God just showed me today that God loves ME. Me. As a singular person. And that should be good enough for me - what right do I have to complain about anything when the creator of the universe loves ME?

No comments: