Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stepping into Jeremiah

Officially 5 days until I finish the Bible!!!! After I finish I plan on doing a study called Beauty and the Pig by Pam Forster, on the subject of Godly beauty. We started it a while back and then moved and never finished it, but it was good from what I remember and I'm excited about it!!! There should be more blog posts as well, since I am not tackling the reading at various times through the day and then getting done at 10pm.

But before then, I must tread the dangerous waters of the book of Jeremiah.

I may have said this before, but Jeremiah is the hardest read in the entire Bible for me. I can't put a finger on why this is, or how to fix it or anything. Not to mention I am surprised that in this 90-day Bible reading plan we are taking almost as long to read through Jeremiah as we did with Psalms. Am I the only one who thinks this way about it? If I'm not, please share your thoughts, and if I am, can somebody give me an idea as to why this would be so that I can fix it?! I don't WANT to dread reading Jeremiah, and there's no blatant reason it should be a hard book, besides the fact that the whole message of it is rather depressing. But not beyond readability, I generally don't mind depressation as long as I know everything ends up all right :)
And a prayer request - most of our kiddos are sick right now, and Jdude's got bronchitis (I'm calling him Bronchiosaurus ;P) and a double ear infection. I've got some sniffles and other weird things and I think everybody's got some symptoms >:Z My cuz has the swine flu too. Pray that flu season passes quickly and without further event!

1 comment:

Your Dad said...

Thanks for the post darling!!

When I was looking at Jeremiah today I started laughing. I thought it was pretty funny in 18:19-23 .. Jeremiah is telling God what to do with His people!!! :-0

I wonder if there relationship was that close? I know that God moves in that direction. But, some of the things Jeremiah said made me chuckle.