Thursday, October 29, 2009

Esther and delights of reading slowly

Does anybody know who wrote the book of Esther? Because I am reading through it and for the first time noticing how much I LOVE how it is written! There is great description of EVERYTHING and it is such an amazing story! I am loving going through it slowly. We see that Esther, who has been raised by her cousin, is very obedient to him. And in the study I am doing, it brought up the idea that, since she was so used to obeying and being respectful to Mordecai, it carried over to Hegai, who was in charge of her beauty treatments. A neat thought that I had never thought of, that :)


I've also noticed some really funny things about Haman's character. He calls his friends over JUST to brag, and also throws formal pity parties! I'm laughing as I type :D


And here's a nice ditty - Esther knows that food is a good way to open up a request :D The first thing she does is invite the King to TWO dinners before she makes such a great request as to be granted her and her people's life. I'm told by my parents that is is still effective today--and I've used it once or twice myself ;P


Can yall tell I'm having fun studying slowly? ;P

No comments: