Monday, September 14, 2009

An aspect of God I never really noticed or thought of before

I love it when people are nice to me for no reason. When I'm talking to someone and they take a particular interest in what's up with me I feel special. When somebody sends me an email, private messages me, posts on my facebook wall, or otherwise goes out of their way to think of me when I'm not even there with them it just about makes my day. I think everybody likes it, but it means more to some than others :) I try to do it to other people since I like it so much. But for some reason I never thought that God ever thought about it. I read in Genesis 15 that God randomly comes up to Abram and says,

"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."

How cool is THAT, thinks I!!!! Our God is a thoughtful God! Abram wasn't about to attack an army with a ball-point pen, or stand up to 50 giants with one bouncy ball as a weapon. It was just random--God knew when Abram needed/wanted a boost.

This is what I have noticed and now very much like about God. I wonder how many aspects of Him I'll discover as time goes on? It's just amazing that God has so much to Him anyway!

By the way--go drop a note on your friend's blog, it's nice to do :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ps. 139:17-18

Good to read your posts.

Les

His Irish Flame said...

Ha! I get the hint...

...so hello Meggy dear!! How art thou?? ;)

I have to admit, i DID think of you this afternoon when I washed the floor, and Lana was sweet enough to give me a number your momma gaver her (hopefully its your home number?? I'll try it tomorrow or sunday prehaps).

Hugs to you!! CANNNOT wait to catch up!!

your dad said...

Hey sweet heart sugar bear honey pumpkin!

Just saying, Hi!