Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wisdom

Solomon is newly appointed king over Israel. Got to be a stressful job, don't you think? One day he offered a thousand burnt offerings to God, and that night God appeared to him. That's what it says - God APPEARED to him! GOD appeared to him! Just think about the magnitude of that! He asked Solomon what he wanted, and told him he would grant his wish (probably where the whole fairy godmother thing derived :P). We all know what he asked for - wisdom. Not long life, not wealth, not the death of his enemies. But guess what? All these things came with wisdom in God's package! I don't bet I have God's King-of-Israel-Deluxe package, but I know whatever God package I have will be just as profitable to me as Solomon's was to him!


I am currently writing a paper for school, and am asking people this question:
If there was one word to describe God, what would it be?
The answers so far have been amazing!
Awesome
Redeemer
Savior
Friend
Holy
Indescribable (this one has been called cheap lol!)
And my favorite.... Everything

1 comment:

Melissa Rolli said...

There are many words to describe God, but I think only one word accurately describes him. God is love. See John 4:8.