Thursday, May 14, 2009

It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace

There is crazy everywhere.
Perfectly young friends are having surgeries all over the place.
There are bad things here and iffy situations there.
You walk around one corner in the maze, and then find another dark room or brick wall.
Dark secrets dance around like so many fauns in the night.
What is going on?


There are so many things I can't see right now. Brick walls, dark rooms. But now I've given up trying to light my own lamps and walk through. Right now I'm just sitting. Sitting in a dark room waiting for God to turn on the lights. Every time this happens and I give up trying to walk through on my own, I wonder why I didn't just sit down earlier. It's easier to leave it to God and just pray. Though praying doesn't always make you quit worrying :)


"Even the best of Christians are troubled by the question, 'Why does an almighty God send, or at least allow, suffering?' When you are nagged by thoughts like this, say to yourself, 'I am still in elementary school. When I graduate from the university of Christian life, I will understand his ways better and doubts will cease.' "
~ Richard Wurmbrand, imprisoned for his faith for 14 years

1 comment:

Toria said...

I love that song....*sighs* Thanks for sharing it with me last year. ^_^

I miss you soooo super much!! Been praying for you a lot because you've been on my mind. Hopefully we'll be able to chat sometime soon or at least send each other an e-mail/letter.

God'll shine His Light...don't worry, the room won't stay dark forever.

HUGS!