Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I will awaken the dawn

This was in my daily Bible reading and the poetic beauty of it stuck to me.

Psalm 108

My heart is steadfast, O God;

I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre! (Or keyboard)

I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;

I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;

your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,

and let your glory be over all the earth.

I did this a lot last night. Not out loud, but in my head. I even got to the point where I was thinking up poems. I, the most unpoetic person ever, felt quite like the Psalmist:)


I stand in awe of the oceans,
mysterious and deep
'cause He who made them comforts me
when I cry myself to sleep.

I stand in awe of the forests,
and all the trees of green
because their Maker's on my side
when other folk are mean.

I stand in awe of the mountains,
all the purple majesties
'cause their Creator hears me
when I am on my knees.
Elementary, to be sure, but it was an excellent thing to do at the time!

1 comment:

your dad said...

I like it! Good poem. I know one too!! I didn't make it up though:

I'd like to have your picture
I think it's very nice
I'd hang it in the attic
To scare away the mice!

Ok...that was bad. But, yours was great!