Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lately I've been in a poetry swing...

It's actually kinda cool. I'm not sure why this is, but poetry is sometimes a really cool and artistic way of getting a point across to the LORD. I'm not the only one--it worked for David! So anyway, last night I was working on this one, with currently no title...

Lord, you are my defender
From each and every foe.
You've defeated every enemy
That sought to wreak me woe.

But now I see a new tempter,
Her like I'vve never known.
The frightening thing is that her face
Looks just like my own.

True, she has poked at me before,
but she'd been easy to shelf.
She now, somehow, has horrid power--
This version of myself.

She makes me think of awful things,
She dirties me inside.
She makes my hands displease me Lord.
It's her I can't abide.

But my God is bigger than even this monster
And He keeps me in His sight.
I will not be held captive here,
He'll save me by His might.

Lord, set a watch over my tongue,
Allow no ill to exit.
Please stop my deeds from hurting those
Who can't and don't deserve it.

But most of all, please guard my heart,
And keep it as pure as the sea.
Suffer no evil to enter it--
Please save me Lord, from me.

So ladies and gentlemen, I am proof--even if you are no good at poetry, the Lord doesn't mind. I think he likes to hear it. Nobody take this one or anything, though it's probably not good enough for anyone to WANT to take... :)

Going to see a movie today with my dear sista and maybe some friends! :D

No comments: