Thursday, March 4, 2010

I would like to take this moment to say...

The last couple days have been spent interviewing several of my big sister friends to put some more mustard in my book. The answers have been great and I appreciate all you girls! (Though you probably don't read this blog :P)

But the beginning of this project has showed me how woefully short I come from being the awesome, Christlike, confidante sissy I want to be. It also made me think of my adopted big sissy and all she is to me. So that's what I want to talk a lil bit about...

I have known my big sissy Bekah for about... 14 years now. We've been good friends with their family for just about as far back as I can remember. I held every sibling of hers that came after her...and her mother was even at the birth of many siblings of mine that came after me! We've come a long way and done so much together. We've talked about every book in creation from the time we were little to now. Most of my articles of clothing came from her while I was growing up. Then I moved to CO and left her here to deal with everybody. She did excellently, calling me and telling me about everything that was going on. Then I came back, and we've been closer than ever. We have lots of friends we're close to, but we two have stuck together even when other people got weird, grew up without us, or did something that made us sad. We share our griefs and victories. She keeps me focused on the Word, and snaps me out of it if ever she senses I'm losing concentration. She messages me just about every day. If she knows I'm sad (if I am, she pretty much knows) she makes sure to check on me extra. She calls me even though we live in the same state now, just randomly. She is always there to listen, and if there was ever an emergency when I needed her, she'd drop everything and come (I found that out a weird and funny way...she was kinda mad for a second :P). She's just like a big sister (or so I assume, since she's the only one I've ever had) and I can tell her anything without it being weird. She understands, even through my bad communication skills...she's used to it...

That's the kind of big sissy I want to be to the girls (Lane and Lou) who are closer to my age. I want them to be able to talk to me about anything they wish and to be a true friend to them.

LORD raise up an awesome big sissy in me and in all the world!

No comments: