Saturday, December 5, 2009

Uncertainties, uncertainties....

I have come to a strange conclusion.
I'm getting all growed up!
I don't know how or why. Don't FEEL any different. But all of a sudden, all my friends are in college, and going away, and working, and getting married, and having babies and all...and I'M NEXT!!!! College choices, future life choices, all these things loom just outside the door.
Sound a little scary?
What I can see myself doing in the future is getting my degree and going on to teaching maybe middle-school English. But even starting and finishing school is all up to God. Not to mention I'd really like to be married and have my own children to teach at some point. And with that one there's REALLY nothing I can do, or would want to do, to influence that! But what I mostly hope is that one day he'll send the perfect hero my way...one that he has saved and built just to be for me. Some people call that silly or highly unlikely. And to be honest, it often feels that way to me too! Why would God have made someone just for me and me for them? And how will I know who it is? How will he know who I am? The more you think of the improbabilities, the more hopeless it sounds.
But my God is the same God that did the amazing things in the Bible.
Gideon was just some random kid who God chose to save Israel.
God told Samuel the exact man in all of the land to be king--more than once.
He had a special eye on a no-status girl named Mary, and made her the mother of his son.
God hand picked Noah's family and rescued them when he destroyed all the earth in a flood.
And, in addition to all this proof, I know God has a special eye on my life. He even pays attention to the little things--one time I was feeling down for no reason and was randomly blabbering to God, and mentioned that some flowers would be nice. I moved on to the next subject without thinking anything of it, but later I was sitting outside and my lil bro runs up to me with a big grin. He holds up a little pink, wilty, weedy bloom, complete with roots and dirt clumps hanging at the bottom. "This is for you Meg!" he yells, plops it on my knee, and runs away. I was confused for a minute, until I realized what this little thing WAS--a gift from God. I laughed and thanked him, and sat with my little weed, feeling much better :) If God can do THAT, of COURSE he can do the big things!
What am I worried about?

1 comment:

His Irish Flame said...

Praying for you, honeypie! Love a call from you...you know how bad I am at getting to the phone. =S Emma called last week and I STILL haven't had a change to reply...eeeek!

Anyhow, about PLLM...y-e-a-h, there was a 3 day deadline, and if prize wasn't claimed I had to pick a new winner because the sponcors were getting impatient. I mean, they were patient, but they kept asking me who won what. Sorry, m'dear. =(

Love ya, think of you often...you'd be impressed, I watched 3+ football games already this season. ;)

Hugs!!! Hey, I'd send you a letter, but I don't have your addy!