Sunday, December 6, 2009

LORD, I'm your servant

Father, you are the Sovereign LORD,
and I am dust upon the floor.
Your power and purity brightens my life,
though I often block it out and and ignore your wondrous light.
No more, my Jesus. Drive it far from me.
You are the Master--the writer of my story,
but as a simple human girl, I cannot see the glory.
I do not know what you have planned.
Reveal it, O LORD, though I may not understand.
For to obey my God is by far my greatest wish,
and everything you want is what I must accomplish.
I will not lean on my understanding
for even I do not trust in my own speculating.
But I know, my Jesus, that you have an idea.
Let me in on the action--please make your scheme clear.
Whatever you say is what I will do.
My story will be the one written by You.

No comments: