Thursday, September 3, 2009

Almost Pure?

Disclaimer: I address my sisters, because I believe this needs to be addressed. I am not implying that I think guys are any better at this, but I will leave them to their own kind for the moment :)


Most of us have made a commitment to God and maybe our parents to remain pure until marriage. This could mean something different for each of us. For some there are other rules like don't hold hands with guys, don't even TALK to guys, or for some it's ok to get a new boyfriend every Thursday as long as you're technically pure. To each her own--I am not addressing the rules and wherefores of our commitments. Whatever you've worked out with the Lord and your parents if fine with me. But as far as I am concerned, purity, means keeping my body, heart, and mind only for my future husband.
But this is what I have seen recently from Colorado to Arkansas--some are missing it.
Our bodies our pure. Maybe our hearts haven't even been very fiddled with. I'm not going to go into big details about who's doing what and what's wrong when, but here is what I think is going on in this world among the pure--our MINDS are going CRAZY!!!!!
  • Guys = toys
  • We judge guys by their looks, good or bad (though we all do this with any sex, but it needs to stop)
  • As soon as we meet a guy, they are a new plaything or potential relationship
  • A guy cannot even TALK to us without our minds playing crazy games

What is our excuse? Not only are these mind games unfair to our commitments--they are unfair to guys. I love guys and I have great guy friends. Call me crazy, but I think a guy should be able to be friends with a girl without her building castles in the air all around him. It even FEELS stupid to type, but we all do it, including me. It's not fair and it's wrong to let our brains do things like that. Not to mention that EVERYONE can read this. Just because it's in our heads doesn't make it a secret. It shows itself in our actions to everyone but ourselves - we all know it is easy to see when a girl begins to drool over a guy behind his back. Or worse, to his face.

I have addressed the least vile and offensive of our shortcomings involving purity. But it is the one I have noticed more than anything else, and besides, if it were anything worse I don't think it would be my place to talk about it :) Can't we just be friends with guys? Is it impossible in this day and age? The brain plays around in every girl - what are we to do?

Thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

Pure Little Ladies Ministry said...

Amen, sistah!! I'm sooo glad you've stood up and posted about this- I've been worrying about you since you moved back, hoping you wouldn't do something just to "fit in" with your ol' pals. Not that I thought you would, but hey. ;) Keep for the goal m'dear! Stay PURELY pure, not just a halfwayer. Thanks again for talking about this!

As for my thoughts...I really agree with this post! We should be able to treat guys like brothers with absolute purity like the Bible says. However, me personally, I wouldn't go telling girls to go out of our way to be friends with guys (not saying you're doing this at all! just my thoughts, 'member?). I mean, so maybe a girl's just being friendly in all purity, but I don't know how it is down there, but up here there are a TON of guys who go daffy if a girl even approches them. So maybe you (the girl) could stand a friendship in purity, but sometimes we forget that guys struggle with the same issue. Get my wave? Sure its okay to have friends that are guys, I mean we shouldn't be pouring out our secrets to them but just being friendly is great. Its just that sometimes the guys have a purity problem just as much as we do.

Meggy T said...

Great point my dear! I absolutely agree--guys have the same problem! I think we should be VERY careful about what we say to our dude friends and how we act around them...but I didn't address this--it's a long addressation :P Maybe that wil be next if I feel so led :)

Love ya girl! I'll try to call you again soon! Praying for your family!

His Irish Flame said...

Thanks for your prayers!! I wanted to call you the other day, but when scrolling through my phone, the number got deleted. =S ACK! I forgot to write it down, and didn't think that the phone would delete it after ex-amount of days. =Z Cafluuuweee! But like I said in my other comment, I shall try that number...hopefully its the right one!

Love you too Meggy!!