Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm doing the Lucy thing

When my lil sis Lucy started out posting bible time stuff she began by posting a scripture and ending with "I don't know what that means". We always kinda give her grief, but now I'm gonna try it out.

"Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy." ~ Rev 22:11

This is in the last chapter of Revelation where it is talking about the end being near. So why should the vile ones continue to vileize? Why should they not repent? I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but this is a mite confusing. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Your Dad said...

Did you look at the cross references?
Ezekiel 3:27

27"But (A)when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you will say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD ' He who hears, let him hear; and he who refuses, let him refuse; (B)for they are a rebellious house.

Daniel 12:10
10"(A)Many will be purged, purified and refined, but the (B)wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who (C)have insight will understand.

Does that help at all?

Meggy T said...

Hey yeah that does, my Bible doesn't give me those! :)