Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Lord SPEAKS!?!?!!!!

I have decided that the last thing I would ever want to happen to me is this that happened to Job. He was moaning about how he was clean and God was punishing him for no reason. THEN the LORD SPOKE BACK!!!!!!! That's the last thing I would ever want - to be whining pointlessly and saying some things I probably shouldn't say, then hear God speak through a storm to call me out!


But God basically awed Job with his power, and made some statements like these:


"Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?"
"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?"

"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this."

"Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Who endowed the heart with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind?"


Those are just a few! But you should really read the whole Job 38-39. It is a great reminder of what God can do from his own mouth! And he covers everything - we have an all-powerful God!!!

No comments: