Monday, December 8, 2008

Evil or Affliction?

"Beware of turning to evil,
which you seem to prefer to affliction."
~ Job 36:21


This verse jumped out of the page at me and said, "HEY! Check it out!" Elihu is saying this sassy bit to Job, but I didn't really think about Job when I read it.


Once our church/homeschool group/friends whatever did a play called THE CATACOMBS. It was about the Christians having to hide out and I don't remember the history right now. The whole time they were hiding they had all kinds of problems - sickness, lack of food, etc. But in the end, the bad guys found them and they were shot one by one for not denying their faith. This is not an uncommon thing in many countries, but in America today were are allowed to worship God if we wish without fear of getting shot about it.


But what if that were to change? Would we turn to evil, preferring it to affliction? Or would we stand for God no matter what happened to us?

1 comment:

Pure Little Ladies Ministry said...

Alright, we have like, MAJOY problem here.

I CAN"T GET TO YOUR ARTICLE FOR "SERVANT OF THE LORD"!!! Eeeek!!! Think you can e-mail it to me again?? =S

On a better note, I sent you a letter!!! Yeeehaww!