Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scholarshipping

Look at that word up there, it's so WEIRD looking. So is the actually thing it implies. Yesterday I spent a long time checking out scholarships and writing essays to apply for them. I read a fitting verse for the subject...
"The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true."  
~Ecclesiastes 12:10

That's exactly what I'm going for--to search for just the right words and write what is upright and true. Hopefully it will get me some school money to be a teacher :) If yall could put some prayers into my word choices it would be much appreciated ;)

Oh, and a side note. The other night I was reading my Bible and the Bird was asleep in her bed. She starts to whimper and roll around, kinda waking up Usually I just freeze and wait for her to go back to sleep, but that night I felt like I should climb over to her bed and tell her to go back to sleep. That's when I notice a rubberband wrapped REALLY tight around her finger, which was starting to turn reddish-purple. Whew! I said a thanks to Jesus for telling me to fix it, and gave the already-asleep Bird a speech on what is a beautiful ring and what is decidedly not.

1 comment:

the Dad said...

Good catch on the Bird! One of the many ways to lose a finger...