Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Encouragement

One of the things God's been impressing on me lately is the matter of encouragement. There's a guy at our church who is really good at it. He always has a compliment and says it like he really means it. He's always ready to listen with his whole body no matter what you're talking about and add a few comments. He makes you feel special by encouraging and maybe poking a little fun here and there. Words are something I put a lot of stock into, and I don't really feel like I know how I did on something unless somebody says so, so I really can appreciate compliments on things. I thought the other day, "If I like it so much, maybe other people do too!" I don't very often go out of my way to tell somebody that their nails look cute, but I should! The Bible even tells us to build each other up.

No comments: