Friday, July 18, 2008

Isaiah 1-6

"Stop trusting in man,
who has but a breath in his nostrils.
Of what account is he?"

I just underlined that verse today. It made me think about when I think, "Oh, I'll just see what she has to say about it, and go by that." Why am I trusting in man's opinion to tell me what to think? What does that matter at all? Why don't I just see what God has to say about it and go by THAT?

But the big thing I read today was ISAIAH'S COMMISSION!!! It says that he saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were angels, each with six wings. They were calling to each other, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." The whole earth is full of his glory. Sometimes I just think this earth is just nuts. Nothing goes right. Nobody cares about anybody else. Where's the glory? Well, yeah, there are those mountains outside, but most of the time the sight of good weather or something God made doesn't make everything ok, or even a little better. Especially when it's hot and the sun is hurting your eyes. But the whole earth is filled with his glory? That must mean the people in the earth too. I guess I should try to find God's glory, instead of just assuming that it should jump out at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that God uses people to communicate things to you? If so, what does this scripture REALLY mean? If you don't think so, why does scripture state that the wise walk with the wise? That heeding the advice of the wise (even if it is a little hurtful) is a good thing?